View MBM Marketing's Recent Client Work

To get started, click the gray triangle below, and wait a moment for the Prezi to load (about 10 seconds). Click through the presentation using the gray triangle. If you'd like to view the Prezi in Full Screen mode, wait for the Prezi to load then click "More," then Fullscreen. Just hit the Esc key to exit. Thanks for looking!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Kids These Days

I have heard a lot of different sources talking lately about the changes in the next generation of kids and their attitudes/perceptions. What I'm hearing is that there will be a cultural shift coming towards more volunteerism, respect for the environment, and overall a much higher BS monitor. What that means for marketers and businesses in general is that transparency is of utmost importance and whatever message you put out there had better be "real".

I've seen some of this in the 20-somethings I know but wasn't sure if I really believed it was going to be as transformational as the "experts" said it would be. That is until I got to hang around some middle school kids lately. It's amazing how unselfish these kids are! They are collecting books for kids in India, volunteering at local organizations, and overall doing things for other people instead of it being all about themselves. Weird. :)

Well, it might just be a microcosm of kids that I've met but I think it is really cool. And I think everyone trying to market a product or service should start thinking about how these cultural shifts might effect their business when these kids grow-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment