View MBM Marketing's Recent Client Work

To get started, click the gray triangle below, and wait a moment for the Prezi to load (about 10 seconds). Click through the presentation using the gray triangle. If you'd like to view the Prezi in Full Screen mode, wait for the Prezi to load then click "More," then Fullscreen. Just hit the Esc key to exit. Thanks for looking!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Color wheel


So I was looking at some potential colors for a client's website, and I realized I might be in a bit of a color rut. I love blues and greens (and of course, their combo - teal), so naturally, those are the first colors I think of for ANY project (see MBM's interior photos below). It made me wonder though - what is it that draws people to certain colors?

So I googled.

At first, I found various responses about how people who love water like blue, and people who like to feel serene like green. I'm not really buying that. I understand that there are associations with certain colors, but I'm not thinking about dirt when I see brown or sunshine when I see yellow.

What I'm looking for is more scientific information than I seem to be finding online - like, is it psychological or simply hard wiring in our brains?

Beyond that, is a website or product packaging more influential if it's in your favorite colors? Subconsciously, are you less likely to linger if it's in colors you dislike?

No comments:

Post a Comment