View MBM Marketing's Recent Client Work

To get started, click the gray triangle below, and wait a moment for the Prezi to load (about 10 seconds). Click through the presentation using the gray triangle. If you'd like to view the Prezi in Full Screen mode, wait for the Prezi to load then click "More," then Fullscreen. Just hit the Esc key to exit. Thanks for looking!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Technology

I was thinking the other day that in 20 quick years, I've seen an amazing evolution of technology, yet I'm less satisfied than ever.

Riding the bus to middle school with my Sony walkman and huge Koss headphones seemed so easy and fun. One mix tape, about 25 songs, and a play/stop/fast-forward button trio was all I needed. Today I have a much thinner iPod with 4000 songs that I can sort, shuffle, and create custom playlists. And with all these 'enhanced' features, I find myself skipping through most songs as I drive, disappointed I can't find anything to listen to.

Setting the VCR to record was always easy enough. And with about 20 channels to choose from, there wasn't a whole lot you'd miss. This past weekend, I was frustrated with my DVR while 3 shows and a movie played simultaneously but overlapped the same time slots. As you may know, DVR only allows you to record 2 things at once. Out of 900 channels?! C'mon cable.

Who knows, maybe I just need to read more.


No comments:

Post a Comment